Sunday, September 16, 2012

30 Day Challenge Day 16- Tribal (aka The Killer)

Yes I know, I am a day late posting this bad boy but let me tell you, me and tribal print...we are done.  We met, we really hate each other and we have decided to never spend another second together.  I have never done tribal before, I love, love, love the look of it but because I am so OCD with my nails, I just can't do it.  If one line is not perfectly straight, or every little triangle or dot is even a millimeter off, I'm taking off the polish and starting over.  I worked on this mani for an entire day, on and off and this is all I came up with.


 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
I know, it's very simple but it's all I could muster up after 9 rounds with The Killer.  I do like the way it looks, it's not like anything I've ever done.  I really wanted to do the traditional tribal with the lines and the different shapes and dots, but I've come to realize this will be the extent of my tribal skills.  I'm just too much of a perfectionist and not enough of a steady hand girl to get it done.
 
I used OPI No Room For The Blues, a gorgeous creamy deep sky blue.  I've been eyeing this color at Ulta for a while and I finally grabbed it.  Am I glad I did!  It reminds me of Zoya Robyn but it's not quite as bright which I really like! This is one of my new favorites, manicured hands down! The formula was great.  She applied like a dream and was totally opaque after 2 coats.  *Hugs OPI bottle*  I really am in love with this hot little number!  My "tribal print" if we can even call it that was done with Sinful Colors Black on Black and Milani High Speed Fast Dry White on the Spot.  You already know I love both of these!
 
Now...because I know it's the start of another work week and you all probably need a good laugh, I've decided to show you the original design I was going to post until I actually sobered up and realized just how much I disliked it.  The design could be ok....from afar....if you were blind....
 
 
 
 
 
 
So tribal day was a big fat bust for me.  Not that I think the designs are THAT awful, I just need to practice.  I don't like failing at something nail related.....can ya tell? I actually really like my design, I just really wanted to do something a little more intricate.  But at this point, I am happy I even succeeded with this one, I had a tough time with Mr. Killer!
 
Oh well, tomorrow is glitter...now that I can deal with!!
 
Happy Polishing friends!!
 
 
Check out the other sex kittens participating in the Pole Dancing World Championships, wow, um 30 Day Challenge.  *tries to get mind out of gutter but fails miserably*
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. lol, well I think they look fine! a whole hell of a lot better than I could do! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love both but the blue one is so amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , you are so sweet! I'm glad you like it!!

      Delete
  3. I think they turned out great you are way to hard on yourself~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, it's a bad habit of mine. I am working on it! Thank you very much!

      Delete