Monday, November 25, 2013

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Nail Art...

Hello my kittens, can you believe 2 posts in 2 days....am I running a fever or what?? Nope, just addicted to my new laptop...I swear I could post 10 blogs a day just so I could play on Maxine (yes she has a name....address her correctly or face the consequences)!

For some reason I find myself reserving my blog for nail art and my YouTube channel seems to be mostly about makeup (with a bit of polish thrown in). This is just how my pin sized brain works....I really need to merge the 2....can I make a New Year's resolution in November? Tomorrow's video is going to be my November favorites so I think it would be the perfect time to get these 2 working together....stay tuned to see me try to get my shit together!

Alright, enough talky talky, let's get to the naily naily...oh Lord that was cheese ball even for me!

So this is what happens when I can't make up my mind about nail art....


A little kitchen sink mani for my friends....if you aren't familiar with the term, allow me to explain! A kitchen sink mani is basically a name I came up with for nail art that includes everything but the dang kitchen sink. It's my most favorite kind of nail art to do....for one, I can never make up my mind, and two, I love the chaos that is a KSM.

For this lovely lady we have some stripes done with (of course) striping tape, a little splatter, glitter and dots, because every good KSM includes dots!!

On my index finger, I started with a base of Essie Blanc, topped that with Seche Vite and once it was dry, I laid down striping tape and finished off with Nails Inc. Black Taxi. I will link my striping tape tutorial at the end for those of you interested.

My ring finger is a splatter mani, the easiest type of nail art to do! I used Nails Inc. Baker St, Essie Mojito Madness and Nails Inc. Black Taxi. 

On my thumb I dotted some hella large dots on a black base using Sinful Colors Sail la Vie. 

OPI Crown Me Already on my pinky and Essie She's Pampered on my middle finger complete this chaotic little sugar bomb.

What do you guys think about KSM? Do you love em as much as I do? If you guys try this design please tag me on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #youngwildandpolished (as always).

Love you guys....hope you're all having a mama slapping good day! Punch a baby for me....just for good measure! We gotta keep those crying infants in check yo!

Happy Polishing my YWPeeps!!


1 comment:

  1. I love KSM!!! You have some of the best nail art designs ever! I don't have a baby near to slap, but for you, I'll find one!! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete