Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nail Art...and a Life Update!

No I have not died, I know you all probably think I fell off the face of the Earth but alas I am alive and well. To be honest, I have been so overwhelmed with my quickly growing YouTube channel that a few things have taken a back seat. Sadly my blog was one of those things!

My Macbook was also on it's last leg and finally died last week. I am now the proud mother of a Macbook Pro and I couldn't be happier. Now that I have a functioning computer, blogging will be much easier for me! As most of you know, I am obsessed with Instagram....so the best way to keep in touch with me and up to date on my nail art is to follow me over there! It's the same everywhere....YoungWildandPolished! I am going to try to be a better blogger. I'd really like to do posts that coincide with my videos and Instagram posts....hopefully I can get my shizz together and stop neglecting all of you love bugs! I promise it is nothing personal!

And lastly....I do plan to do a major overhaul on this blog. I swear I haven't updated for years! So look for that in the upcoming month or so!

Ok, enough about me and my sucky no blogging ways....let's get into the nail art!!

Tonight I have 2 super simple nail designs to share with you all. I have done nail art every single day this week. I think I was feeling sorry for myself since I couldn't film or do any "YouTubing" so I tried to make up for it with tons of nail art!

What are this? A water marble?? Yes my friends! I finally got my act together and took it back to the nail art that started this whole nail polish love affair! I don't know why but I really got out of doing water marbling. I must say I am a bit rusty but I really love how this turned out!

I used Essie Glamour Purse which is a goooooorgeous brown shade with a formula worthy of slapping a sleeping infant. I also mixed in a little Navigate Her also by my beloved Essie. These 2 beauties on a base of basic white polish is enough to make me get out the sledgehammer and put bitches to sleep! I know, I know....violence all the time, I just can't control myself!

I threw some dots on my pinky and called it a day!

Next up we have.....

Splatter time y'all!

Ok first of all, can we talk about these colors? Since I've been MIA from blogging, I have fallen in love with a few select polishes and these 2 vampy shades are at the front of the mama slappin line! I'm talking to you Malbec and Loden Green! They are both from Sally Hansen and let me tell you what....they are amaze balls!! Loden Green is a dirty camo green that teeters on that line between "ew that's ugly" and "oh my God I think I died and went to polish heaven"! The formula is really nice, totes opaque in 2 coats. Malbec is also pretty perfect! Deep, vampy but not so dark that it looks black....my ideal fall shade!

For the splatter, I started with a base of Maybelline Canary Cool, a yellow based cream polish that makes me want to throw myself from a second story window! Then I grabbed my coffee stirrer straw and got down to bid-nass.....if you need some help with the whole splatter thing, I will link my tutorial below. It's so easy and pretty much goof proof! The messier the splatter, the cooler the nails look!

If you guys are interested in either of these Sally Hansen shades, they are currently on clearance at Target. I suggest picking them up now because they are limited edition *shudder*. Why is it that they make all the really good polishes and make up LI? I swear companies get satisfaction out of watching us drive 500 miles from our homes just to buy a bottle of limited edition polish.

Ok my muffins, that is all for today. Again I am sorry for neglecting this little blog but I am going to do my best to stay on top of things and be a better "beauty guru". I love you all and don't ever want you to feel that I am putting you guys on the back burner. My plate is full and I'm doing my best to give everyone a piece of the YWP pie. Yes I said YWP pie....

Happy Polishing my friends!!

WARNING....this is an old ass tutorial....but it gets the job done....don't judge me :)


4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, vlogs and nail designs. Since watching your YouTube channel, I've been wearing more color on my nails. My nail song used to be "Hi. My name is Meredith, and my favorite color is Clear"! *cracking myself up!* Yeah, I know, but it got me through some tough times. :-) You've inspired me demand more from myself, and I want to thank you for that. :')

    I'll be headed to Target soon; hopefully they'll still be there, waiting for mama to pick them up!!

    Always take care of family and yourself first...we can wait. And see? Look it; this is one of your best blogs ever! Good things come to those who wait....and it did today!!

    I'm going to try your splatter technique; so many colors to choose from.

    Alrighty, off to play with designs!! Have a Fantabulously Gaw-geous Day!!! Go STEELERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, videos and nail designs!! I've posted three messages (this being my third) on your blog, but for some reason they won't take! So here's nothing!
    Awesome dotticures and marbles and everything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovey...the reason they don't show up is because I have to approve them first...you know I have to be in control of everything right, lol! I'm so glad I could help to inspire you...you guys all inspire me everyday!! Your sweet comments and support mean so much! And I love that you are a crazy lady just like myself!! Thanks Mer! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love your nail designs; dotticures, chevrons, flowers, everything! I've been on the hunt for certain Essie polishes, but because of you and your awesome YouTube videos, the only song I'm singing is "Hi. My name is Meredith, and my favorite color is clear"!! XD Ugh! But, I'm not a quitter; I'm a Goonie! We never give up; never surrender! Lol All of your hard work is so much appreciated and loved. Thanks for sharing your warped mind with us!! :-P

    ReplyDelete